Antelope Valley Dam Spillway Permeability Test (OM-OFD-2020-001)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Antelope Valley Dam Spillway Permeability Test (OM-OFD-2020-001)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Water Resources
- Document Description
- Oroville Field Division and Project Geology staff will conduct permeability tests on the Antelope Valley Dam spillway. Staff will investigate permeability with eight individual tests around the spillway. Each test location will involve excavating an eight-inch diameter bore hole powered post hole digger to a depth of two feet. Water carried by hand will be poured down the hole and the rate of water drop recorded in time. Staff will backfill the open hole with excavated cuttings to ground surface once testing is complete. Test holes will not be left open overnight. Access will be on foot from dam crest road. All staging will be on existing roadways and established parking areas. All work is within DWR right of way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
Division of Operations and Maintenance 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9342
- 40°10'48"N 120°36'25.2"W
- Other Location Info
- Antelope Valley Dam. At the cross streets of Indian Creek Road and Fruit Growers Blvd in Plumas County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section No. 15301, Class 6, Information Collection
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State Water Project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt because it involves data collection activities at existing facilities. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat. Because this activity can be implemented without any significant environmental impacts, the Categorical Exemption Class 6 will be used for CEQA compliance.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060236_NOE Antelope Valley Dam Permeability Test PDF 343 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.