Unbalanced Water Exchange of Approved State Water Project Table A Water between Mojave Water Agency and Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #20005)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- Unbalanced Water Exchange of Approved State Water Project Table A Water between Mojave Water Agency and Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #20005)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Under the proposed water exchange, up to 40,384 acre-feet of MWA’s approved 2020 SWP Table A water (MWA’s 2020 Table A Water) will be delivered to KCWA by December 31, 2020. In exchange, KCWA will return to MWA, based on an unbalanced exchange ratio of 4 to 1, up to 10,096 acre-feet of its approved 2021-2030 SWP Table A water (KCWA’s Future Table A Water). That is, for every 4 acre-feet of MWA’s 2020 Table A Water delivered to KCWA, 1 acre-foot will be returned by KCWA to MWA by December 31, 2030.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Kern San Bernardino
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to: 1) Kern County Water Agency’s (KCWA) turnout(s) in Reaches 9 through 16A of California Aqueduct and Reach 31A of the California Aqueduct’s Coastal Branch, and 2) Mojave Water Agency’s (MWA) turnout(s) in Reach 22B of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. The project is a water management operation using only existing facilities. b. The project will not support new development or a change in land use. c. The project does not establish a new permanent source of water supply.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060224_Unbalanced Water Exchange PDF 455 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.