Unbalanced Water Exchange of Approved State Water Project Table A Water between Santa Barbara County Flood Control and Water Conservation District and Mojave
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Unbalanced Water Exchange of Approved State Water Project Table A Water between Santa Barbara County Flood Control and Water Conservation District and Mojave
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Title Cont: Water Agency (SWPAO #20004) Under the proposed water exchange, up to 1,000 acre-feet of MWA’s approved 2020 SWP Table A water (MWA’s 2020 Table A Water) will be delivered to Santa Barbara by December 31, 2020. In exchange, Santa Barbara will return to MWA, based on an unbalanced exchange ratio of 4 to 1, up to 250 acre-feet of its approved 2021-2030 SWP Table A water (Santa Barbara’s Future Table A Water). That is, for every 4 acre-feet of MWA’s 2020 Table A Water delivered to Santa Barbara, 1 acre-foot will be returned by Santa Barbara to MWA by December 31, 2030.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resource State Water Project Analysis Office
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- San Bernardino Santa Barbara
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to Santa Barbara County Flood Control and Water Conservation District’s (Santa Barbara) turnout(s) in Reach 33A of the California Aqueduct’s Coastal Branch and Mojave Water Agency’s (MWA) turnout(s) in Reaches 22B and 24 of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. The project is a water management operation using only existing facilities. b. The project will not support new development or a change in land use. c. The project does not establish a new permanent source of water supply.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060175_SWPAO #20004 PDF 453 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.