Bay Area Integrated Regional Water Management Plan 2019
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Sonoma Valley County Sanitation District (SVCSD)
- Document Title
- Bay Area Integrated Regional Water Management Plan 2019
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Present Land Use
- Document Description
- The Bay Area’s Integrated Regional Water Management Plan is a nine-county effort to coordinate and improve the water supply reliability, protect water quality, manage flood protection, maintain public health standards, protect habitat and watershed resources, and enhance the overall health of the San Francisco Bay. Initially prepared in 2006, this 2019 Plan updates the 2013 Plan to conform to Department of Water Resources (DWR) requirements outlined in the 2016 IRWM Plan Guidelines. Once approved by the state, the 2019 Bay Area IRWM Plan will allow the Bay Area to access Proposition 1 funding from DWR.
- Contact Information
Sonoma County Water Agency
404 Aviation Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 799-1543
Sonoma Valley County Sanitation District
- Alameda Contra Costa Marin Napa San Francisco San Mateo Santa Clara Solano Sonoma
- Other Location Info
- The planning area for the Bay Area Integrated Regional Water Management Plan 2019 Update (2019 Plan) includes all or part of the following counties: Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano, Contra Costa, Alameda, Santa Clara, San Mateo, and San Francisco. In Sonoma County, the planning area includes the Petaluma and Sonoma Creek watersheds.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- State CEQA Guidelines §15306: Information Collection; §15262: Feasibility and Planning Studies
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) because it consists of basic data collection and resource evaluation activities which would not result in the disturbance of any environmental resource (CEQA Guidelines §15306). Additionally, the project involves planning studies for possible future actions which the participating agencies have not yet approved. Once the Bay Area IRWM 2019 Plan Update is approved, there will be no legally binding effect on later activities (CEQA Guidelines §15262).
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE Bay Area IRWMP SVCSD_OCR PDF 920 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.