CAD Rock Diversion Dams Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No.1600-2020-0046-R4).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- CAD Rock Diversion Dams Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No.1600-2020-0046-R4).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Merced Irrigation District
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0046-R4, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the applicant, Merced Irrigation District. The Project involves activities related to one-time construction rock diversion dams in the Merced River at the heads of three existing diversion ditches. Dam installation will result in backing up water and guiding flow into the diversion ditches. The Project also includes construction and removal of a temporary rock crossing to allow access at one location.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Central Region
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014
- Other Location Info
- The Project will occur at three (3) locations within the Merced River near the community of Snelling, in Merced County. The locations are related to the rock diversions to the Cuneo Ditch, Cook & Dale Ditch, and Cowell Ditch No. 1.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 1; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes activities involved in the operation of existing diversion ditches. The Project is not intended to expand an existing facility use. The Project will not have significant environmental impacts if it is completed under the protective features of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0046-R4.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060111_2020-0046_NOE PDF 278 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.