Conveyance of up to 53,300 acre-feet of Kern-Tulare Water District’s 2020 Central Valley Project Water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #20010).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Conveyance of up to 53,300 acre-feet of Kern-Tulare Water District’s 2020 Central Valley Project Water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #20010).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR) will convey up to 53,300 acre-feet of Kern-Tulare Water District’s 2020 Central Valley Project (CVP) water supplies to Kern County Water Agency (KCWA). The United States Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) will make the CVP water available to DWR at Banks Pumping Plant and/or O’Neill Forebay for subsequent delivery by DWR to KCWA’s turnouts in Reaches 9 through 13B of the California Aqueduct through February 28, 2021, in accordance with Article 55 of KCWA’s Water Supply Contract with DWR.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resource State Water Project Analysis Office
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to Reaches 9 through 13B of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility.
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. State Water Project long-term water supply contract includes provisions for conveyance of non-project water to SWP contractors. b. No construction is required to implement the proposed delivery. c. The facilities are existing facilities that have not been expanded or modified to implement the proposed change in points of delivery. d. There will be no change in land use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060081_Central Valley Project Water PDF 212 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.