Junction City ESD Well Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Junction City School District
- Document Title
- Junction City ESD Well Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Junction City Elementary School District
- Document Description
- Junction City Elementary School (JCESD) currently has 75 students and 19 staff members on site on any given school day. Special events can add up to 449 people on campus using the facilities. Junction City ESD well system was installed circa 1990. The current JCESD well site is at risk for intrusion by the shifting flow of both the Trinity River and also the changing outflow from Canyon Creek which now enters the Trinity River upriver from the well site. Out of concern for the integrity of the well site and operation, the school is taking proactive measures to ensure continued potable water delivery to the campus. The new proposed site will be located further away from the river and has been determined by the CA Department F&W that no streambed alteration permit would be required for the proposed site. It is expected that this new location will serve JCESD well into the future.
- Contact Information
Junction City Elementary School District
430 Red Hill Road
Junction City, CA 96048
Phone : (707) 386-0380
- 40°43'57.3"N 123°3'26.9"W
- Other Location Info
- The project site is accessed from Red Hill Road.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15269 (b); 15282 (k); 15282(m)
- Reasons for Exemption
- CEQA allows certain government actions to proceed without further CEQA review if that type of action has been previously determined not to have a significant impact on the environment. Actions defined in a Categorical Exemption may be subject to further environmental review in the case of extraordinary circumstances under exemptions under CEQA. (14 CCR § 15061(b); 14 CCR § 15300.2.) See NOE for full 'Reasons why project is exempt'.
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.