California Aqueduct Reach 4 Erosion Repairs
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Reach 4 Erosion Repairs
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SLFD will repair erosions, as needed, on both sides of Aqueduct Reach 4. The eroded material onsite will first be used to backfill the erosions; if additional material is needed, it will be transported from an existing SLFD stockpile. After being backfilled, the erosions will be compacted either by rolling with a sheep's foot roller or by using a tamper. The embankment will be recontoured to design specifications. This work will be conducted annually. State Water Project will benefit.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources San Luis Field Division
31770 Gonzaga Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Fresno Merced
- Cross Streets
- California State Route 165 and Poleline Road; South Fairfax Avenue
- Other Location Info
- Erosions will be repaired, as needed, on the right (R) and left (L) sides of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) from milepost (MP) 86.73 to MP 108.50. The northernmost MP is at Dos Amigos Pumping Plant, which is approximately 0.9 miles southeast of the intersection of California State Route 165 and Poleline Road; the southernmost MP is at Check 15, which is approximately 0.25 miles northwest of the intersection of the Aqueduct and South Fairfax Avenue.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 (Existing Facilities)
- Reasons for Exemption
- As needed, the project will repair erosions along the existing Aqueduct embankment and Aqueduct road on both sides of Aqueduct Reach 4. Repairs are necessary to protect the integrity of the Aqueduct and will not increase the capacity or use of it. Categorical Exemption 15301 (Existing Facilities) applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- 202006010_California Aqueduct Reach 4 Erosion Repairs PDF 110 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.