Thomas Vineyards North Orchard Water Diversion (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0050-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Thomas Vineyards North Orchard Water Diversion (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0050-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- John H. Thomas, Thomas Vineyards
- Document Description
- The project is limited to one encroachment for water diversion from the Russian River using a 50-horse-power electric-pump. Water will be diverted for irrigation of alfalfa grown on 33-acres of land. Work for the water diversion includes seasonal placement and removal of a single-screened agricultural pump intake. The diversion rate shall not exceed 800-gallons per minute and the season of diversion shall be confined to the period April 15 to October 15 of each year. Water diversion is for direct use only and is covered by Division of Water Rights License Numbers 10344 and 4675 and purchased water from the Russian River Flood Control District. No other equipment use or excavation is required within the bed, bank or channel of the river and no riparian vegetation will be disturbed.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 445-6493
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on the mainstem Russian River, in the city of Ukiah, County of Mendocino, State of California; Section 16, T15N, R12W, Mount Diablos Base and Meridian; in the Ukiah U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; latitude 39.1672 N and longitude 123.1953 W at the point of diversion (POD).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project involves operation of an existing agricultural pump. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020050426_1600-2020-0050 Thomas Vineyards PDF 405 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.