Fuel Management Reduction/Seasonal Wildfire Training
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Fuel Management Reduction/Seasonal Wildfire Training
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The CDCR fire department that jointly provides fire/emergency response services to SOL and CMF will undertake, in coordination with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), fuel reduction measures on generally vacant state-owned land bordering the west and southwest of the two correctional facilities. The subject measures will be conducted in (1) flat to gently sloping areas close to prison support facilities and perimeter fences, and (2) the slopes of the adjacent ridge that ends at the edge of the state property. The former area contains seasonal grassland that poses a wildfire threat to the nearby correctional facilities and local residential areas. The grassland is predominately non-native weed species; no sensitive habitats occur within the area to be treated. The second area consists of moderate to steep slopes descending from the end of the ridgeline that borders Lagoon Valley. This area contains a combination of mature oak woodlands and annual grasses. The woodlands contain only sparse understory. No wetlands, waterways, or sensitive species are present in the areas to be treated. Fuel reduction activities will be managed to assure protection of the oak and other species of native trees/vegetation on the hillsides. The combined area to be treated has a low potential for unrecorded historic/pre-historic resources; the two existing historic structures within the treatment areas will be protected.See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3010
- Other Location Info
- California State Prison, Solano (SOL), 2100 Peabody Road, Vacaville, CA 95687 and California Medical Facility (CMF), 1600 California Drive, Vacaville, CA 95696. Both state correctional facilities are located within Solano County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4 (Sec. 15304 (J) Fuel Reduction Activities)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The subject fuel reduction management activities will provide increased safety to the ongoing operation of two state correctional facilities and adjacent residential areas. The areas to be treated do not contain sensitive/rare plant and/or wildlife species; post fuel reduction treatment will include, where necessary, erosion control measures to prevent significant erosion and sedimentation of local surface waters. Appropriately-spaced fuel clearance zones will be established and maintained for all structures, the perimeter security fences, administrative buildings, and training areas of the two correctional facilities.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020050396_Fuel Management Reduction-Seasonal Wildfire Training NOE PDF 351 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.