Thermalito North Forebay Annual Controlled Burn
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Thermalito North Forebay Annual Controlled Burn
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Water Resources
- Document Description
- Cal-Fire will be conducting an annual controlled burn of up to 20 acres of grassland within the TNFRA. Land is owned by CA DWR and managed by CA Department of State Parks. This burn is being conducted to manage the thick grassland vegetation and to alleviate a safety concern due to Future July 4th Fireworks Celebration.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
460 Glen Drive
Oroville, CA 95928
Phone : (530) 534-2570
- Other Location Info
- Thermalito North Forebay Recreation Area (TNFRA) south of Garden Dr. and just north of the Thermalito Power Canal.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4 (d), Minor Alterations to Land
- Reasons for Exemption
- When conditions are appropriate, the burn is anticipated to take 3-6 hours in mid June. Very little ground disturbance (other than fire) will occur, and all sensitive resources will be flagged and avoided by fire crews. No known sensitive resources will be negatively impacted due to this activity. This project will benefit the natural environment.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020050370_NTFB Controlled Burn PDF 116 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.