Replace and/or install new metal gates within McArthur Burney Falls Memorial State Park to protect park resources, equipment, fuel, vehicles and secure the park hosts and residences from theft and vandalism. The project will replace nine (9) existing wooden pole gates with metal gates and install four (4) new metal gates. At each location in and around the Rim Campground (4 gates), Pioneer Campground (4 gates), Lake Britton ( 1 gate), at the main park entrance ( 1 gate), ranger office ( 1 gate), and at two (2) locations along roads to the employee residence area (2 gates), work will:
• Where necessary, remove the existing rotted wooden gate structures;
• Use hand tools to excavate three (3) 36" deep x 16" diameter holes per location;
• Install one (1) metal hinge post and one (1) metal catch post and secure with concrete;
• Install a tubular metal swing gate; and
• Install all necessary hardware including padlocks, chains, signage, and end-caps.
All gates will be manually operated with the exception of one (1) of the gates leading to the employee housing area, which will have an electronic open/close mechanism and key pad installed. For installation of the necessary electrical supply, work will excavate an 18" deep x 12" wide by approx. 400' long trench, install approx. 400' of 2" PVC Schedule 80 electrical conduit, pull electrical lines, backfill the trench with
excavated soils, and connect to an existing power supply in the Park maintenance shop.