Lake Perris Outlet Tower Flow Control Structure Foundation Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Lake Perris Outlet Tower Flow Control Structure Foundation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR needs to conduct some exploratory work to help fill in data gaps needed to both confirm the bedrock depth and the geotechnical parameters of the shallow soils near the Lake Perris Dam. The exploratory work will help determine the strength and weathering of the rock. The exploration holes can help reduce the unknown chance of bedrock formations being higher than expected in the area.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 712-6873
- Other Location Info
- The project is located in the Lake Perris State Recreation Area in Perris, CA. The work will occur near the Lake Perris Outlet Tower's Roller Gate Structure (see Exhibits A and B).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project would involve collecting geological information within the project area to inform design of a future emergency release structure at Lake Perris. The exploratory work is being conducted to help in the design of the site improvements being implemented to reduce the risk to public safety and property resulting from the execution of an emergency operation to drawdown Lake Perris.
- Notice of Exemption
- 20200507 NOE LPOT geotech drilling FINAL PDF 131 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.