LACFCD’S Concrete-Lined Channel Maintenance Program (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2004-0443-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 - South Coast, San Diego (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5)
- Document Title
- LACFCD’S Concrete-Lined Channel Maintenance Program (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2004-0443-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Los Angeles County Flood Control District
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has amended Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2004-0443-R5, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the Los Angeles County Flood Control District (District). The District proposes to continue activities and protocols related to channel maintenance. This does not involve any new activity or construction project, but rather reflects longstanding and ongoing maintenance activities required to protect downstream residences, businesses, and infrastructure from potential damage caused by floodwaters and debris. These activities include the use of backhoes, loaders, dump trucks, and other mechanical equipment to remove sediment, debris, trash, algae, and vegetation from the channel invert. Additional routine maintenance activities include conducting repairs and restorations to damaged invert access ramps and access roads, damaged low-flow diverters, curbs, channel inverts, spalling concrete, cracks, and joints; clearing of debris and sediment from inverts, sub drains, outlets, and lines; repairing or replacing vault lids and flap gates; repairing, restoring, and/or replacing channel wall fences, access roads, invert access ramps, gates, and ladder rungs; and clearing weep holes. The amendment involved the addition of one (1) concrete-lined channel reach to the list of maintained reaches and updating information on reaches already included in the Agreement.
- Contact Information
David T. Lin
Department of Fish and Wildlife South Coast Region
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (562) 430-0097
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- The project is located within 285 concrete channels located in multiple watersheds within Los Angeles County. The channels are tributaries to the Los Angeles River, San Gabriel River, Santa Monica Bay, Dominguez Channel, and Santa Clara River. The concrete-lined channels are engineered, reinforced concrete flood control structures consisting of either rectangular sections with vertical walls and concrete bottoms, or trapezoidal sections with sloped walls and concrete bottoms.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 1; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301 (b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project consists of the operation, repair, and maintenance of existing public structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, and topographical features involving no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the Lead Agency’s determination.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020050185_NOE_Concrete-Lined_Channel_Maintenance PDF 261 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.