California Department of Water Resources
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Department of Water Resources
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SLFD will repair erosions, as needed, on both sides of Aqueduct Reach 5. The eroded material onsite will first be used to backfill the erosions; if additional material is needed, it will be transported from an existing SLFD stockpile. After being backfilled, the erosions will be compacted either by rolling with a sheep's foot roller or by using a tamper. The embankment will be recontoured to design specifications. This work will be conducted annually. State Water Project Contractors will benefit.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- Erosions will be repaired, as needed, on the right (R) and left (L) sides of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) from milepost (MP) 108.65 to MP 143.24. Additional fill material will be taken from an existing San Luis Field Division (SLFD) soil stockpile. The northernmost MP is at Aqueduct Check 15; the southernmost MP is at DWR's Coalinga Operations and Maintenance Subcenter.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 (Existing Facilities)
- Reasons for Exemption
- As needed, the project will repair erosions along the existing Aqueduct embankment and Aqueduct road on both sides of Aqueduct Reach 5. Repairs are necessary to protect the integrity of the Aqueduct and will not increase the capacity or use of it. Categorical Exemption 15301 (Existing Facilities) applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020050167_Reach5 Erosion Repairs PDF 111 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.