Grizzly Valley Dam Spillway Coring (OM-OFD-2020-002)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Grizzly Valley Dam Spillway Coring (OM-OFD-2020-002)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Water Resources
- Document Description
- HDR Engineering and Syblon-Reid will perform destructive examination of Grizzly Dam spillway. All work will be confined to the interior of spillway consisting of concrete coring in numerous locations through the invert of the spillway. Concrete pieces will be removed to expose and repair damaged rebar. Scaffolding will be temporarily installed within the spillway to facilitate access. The contractor shall follow BMP's to contain drilling fluids and dispose of waste water at an approved facility offsite. All equipment staging will be on improved areas near the crest and toe of the dam. All work will be within DWR right-of-way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
Division of Operations and Maintenance 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9342
- 39°52'57.4"N 120°28'33.6"W
- Other Location Info
- Grizzly Valley Dam, Lake Davis. At the cross streets of Lake Davis Road and Grizzly Road in Plumas County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Existing Facilities, Section No. 15301(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State Water Project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt because it involves routine maintenance activities to existing facilities. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat. Because this activity can be implemented without any significant environmental impacts, the Categorical Exemption Class 1 will be used for CEQA compliance.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020050163_Grizzly Spillway Lake Davis PDF 475 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.