1L470: Merced I-5 Fence Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans, District 10 - Stockton (California Department of Transportation, District 10)
- Document Title
- 1L470: Merced I-5 Fence Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Transportation
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) proposes a Highway Maintenance project to replace fencing along Interstate (I) 5 from post mile 23.5 to post mile 25.1 within Merced County. The scope of work includes replacing the existing barbed-wire mesh fencing that has a combination of wooden and metal posts with new barbed-wire mesh and new all metal posts. All work will occur within Caltrans Right of Way (ROW). The purpose of the project is to replace the deteriorating and failing wooden-post fence line with upgraded metal posts and mesh. The project is needed to provide a secure fence line along I-5 and Caltrans Right of Way.
- Contact Information
Caltrans District 10
1976 E. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Stockton, CA 95205
Phone : (209) 948-3825
- Other Location Info
- The project proposes replacing fencing along northbound and southbound Interstate (I) 5 from post mile 23.5 to 25.1, within Merced County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will not affect any sensitive species or their habitats, cultural resources, scenic resources, or any other environmentally sensitive resources.
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.