Earlimart Sidewalk Improvements Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Tulare County
- Document Title
- Earlimart Sidewalk Improvements Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Tulare County Public Works, 5961 S. Mooney Blvd., Visalia, CA 93277
- Present Land Use
- existing roadway / right-of-way
- Document Description
- The construction along both side of State Street between Sierra Ave and Sutter Ave will include approximately 2,600 linear foot of curb and gutter with 8-foot-wide sidewalk and 5-foot-wide asphalt concrete paveout, ADA ramps, driveways, fence relocation, striping and signage improvements. The construction along south side of Washington Ave will start at State street and wrapping around to Church St on the west side. The Improvements include approximately 1,450 linear foot of curb and gutter with 5-foot-wide sidewalk and 4-foot-wide asphalt concrete paveout, ADA ramps, driveways, striping and signage improvements. The improvement will make it safer for students to walk to Elementary Elementary and Middle School as the new sidewalk will provide a safer, more protected path, than the roadway shoulders the school children must currently travel on to walk to school. Construction is anticipated to begin 2019-2020.
- Contact Information
Hector Guerra, Chief Environmental Planner
Tulare County Resource Management Agency
5961 S. Mooney Blvd.
Visalia, CA 93277
Phone : (559) 624-7000
- Cross Streets
- State St/Sierra Ave, Sutter Ave, Washington Ave; Washington Ave/Church St; Church St/Clay Ave
- Earlimart Elementary; Earlimart Middle
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Title 14, Cal Code Regulation Guideline Sec. 15301, Class 1 Existing Facilities
- Reasons for Exemption
- This action is consistent with Section 15301 Class 1, Existing Facilities (c) Existing highways and streets, sidewalks, gutters, bicycle and pedestrian trails, and similar facilities. Also, consistent with Section 15300.4, Application by Public Agencies, the County of Tulare Board of Supervisors adopted an exemption for the construction of the aforementioned facilities per the Tulare County Guidelines for the Implementation of California Environmental Quality Act of 1970, Section 300 (c)(l4). Therefore, the application ofCEQA Section 15301 and Tulare County Guidelines for the Implementation of CEQA of 1970, Section 300 ( c )(14) are applicable and appropriate for this project.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE_Earlimart Sidewalk Improvements_10-30-17 PDF 1701 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.