Crane Mills Thomes Creek Water Diversion and Griffin Creek Culvert Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0214-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern and Eureka Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Crane Mills Thomes Creek Water Diversion and Griffin Creek Culvert Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0214-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0214-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Crane Mills, as represented by Ross Maitia. Thomes Creek Water Diversion Project: The Thomes Creek water diversion project is limited to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a gravel berm and diversion ditch used to divert water from Thomes Creek; the repair and maintenance of a fish screen within the gravel diversion channel; and the diversion of water pursuant to a legal water right. Griffin Creek Culvert Replacement Project: The Griffin Creek culvert replacement project is limited to removing the existing fill that is over the top of a partially collapsed 48-inch culvert, removing the old culvert, and installing 100 feet of 108-inch culvert pipe. A Cat 330 Excavator, Cat D8H, and a dump truck will be used to remove the old culvert and install the new culvert. It is estimated that about 2,400 cubic yards of fill material will need to be removed to access the old pipe. The same excavated fill material will be used to bring the road back up to grade. The approaches to the crossing will be lowered as much as possible (maybe 3-4 feet) and a critical dip added. The fill will be compacted in 1-foot lifts. The M2 Road is a public road, a temporary culvert crossing about 150 feet upstream from the permanent culvert crossing may be installed to allow for traffic. A 24-inch culvert will be used along with the native gravel from the alluvial deposit above the main crossing. It will be removed as soon as the main crossing is complete.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2124
- 39°53'2.5"N 122°32'42.9"W
- Parcel #
- Thomes Creek
- Other Location Info
- The diversion is located immediately downstream of the Round Valley Road bridge of Thomes Creek.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 2, Section 15302 (c); Class 1, Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The culvert replacement project involves replacement of an existing structure with a new structure in the same footprint. The water diversions involves the operation of an existing permitted water diversion with no expansion in use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020040378_1600-2019-0214-R1_TEH_Thomes Creek_15302_NOE Replacement or Reconstruction PDF 143 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.