Solar System Installation by San Diego Yacht Club at Shelter Island
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Diego Unified Port District
- Document Title
- Solar System Installation by San Diego Yacht Club at Shelter Island
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project would involve installation of solar panels on the rooves of three (3) existing buildings by San Diego Yacht Club (Applicant) in the City of San Diego, California. Work to specifically complete the proposed project would involve installation of the following improvements: (1) Locker Building (1031 Anchorage Lane): Installation of 270 solar photovoltaic modules over the south slope of the structure 's shingle gable roof. See NOD for full document description.
- Contact Information
San Diego Unified Port District Development Services Department
3165 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 686-8112
- San Diego
- San Diego
- Cross Streets
- 1011 Anchorage Lane, San Diego, CA 92106
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Existing Facilities (SG § 15301) (Class 1), New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures (SG § 15303) (Class 3)...
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is determined to be Categorically Exempt pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Sections 15301 (Existing Facilities), 15303 (New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures), and 15311 (Accessory Structures); Sections 3.a., 3.c., and 3.i. of the District's Guidelines for Compliance with CEQA; and is determined to be Statutorily Exempt pursuant to Public Resources Code Section 21080.35 because it consists of the installation of solar panels on existing rooves and would involve no expansion of use beyond that previously existing, would not result in a significant cumulative impact due to the continuation of the existing use, would consist of construction and location of new, small facilities on existing rooves, would not require federal agency waste discharge, take, or streambed alteration permits, and would not result in the removal of trees. The District has determined none of the six exceptions to the use of a categorical exemption apply to this project (CEQA Guidelines Section 15300. 2). Additionally, none of the exceptions to the use of PRC 21080.35 are applicable. Sections 3.a., 3.c., and 3.i., of the District's CEQA Guidelines are as follows: See NOD for full details.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020040349_2020-014 Solar System Installation by San Diego Yacht Club at Shelter Island [NOE] PDF 1727 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.