SCE Shaver Lake Dam Erosion Repair Project; Amendment No. 1 to Streambed Alteration Agreement No.1600-2019-0124-R4
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- SCE Shaver Lake Dam Erosion Repair Project; Amendment No. 1 to Streambed Alteration Agreement No.1600-2019-0124-R4
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Southern California Edison
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing an amendment to Streambed Alteration Agreement 1600-2019-0124-R4, issued to Southern California Edison. The Project includes activities related to bank stabilization in an area approximately 265 feet long with a maximum width of 80 feet closest to the dam and tapering to approximately 50 feet at the east end, which will receive up to 560 cubic yards of supplemental riprap to augment the riprap already in place. Two smaller areas within this area will receive more extensive treatment including excavation to install filter fabric and to key in 25 cubic yards of Caltrans Class 2 type base rock. The amendment removes of the seasonal work restriction and adds measures to protect nesting birds.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014 ext. 225
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located along the edge of Shaver Lake, at the north end of the dam and extending from the dam to the east and wrapping around the south and east side of the Gatehouse Building in unincorporated Fresno County, State of California; Section 13, Township 9 South, Range 24 East, United States Geological Survey (USGS) 7.5 Minute Quad Map Musick Mountain, MDB&M; Latitude 37.14665 North, Longitude -119.30255 West.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes the maintenance of an existing facility of a publicly-owned utility used to provide electric power, natural gas, sewerage, or other public utility services with no expansion of use. The Project will not have significant environmental impacts if it is completed under the protective features of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0124-R4.
- Notice of Determination
- 2020040215_SCE Shaver Lake Dam Erosion PDF 280 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.