Jameson Creek Fish Passage Improvement (Request No. 1652-2020-035-001-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Northern Region, Redding (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern Region 1)
- Document Title
- Jameson Creek Fish Passage Improvement (Request No. 1652-2020-035-001-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Brendan Byrd, City of Fortuna.
- Document Description
- Pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 1652, the California Department of Fish and Wildlife has approved the Jameson Creek Fish Passage Improvement Project submitted by the City of Fortuna. The project will replace an existing culvert, which is a complete barrier to fish passage, with a larger culvert that will permit fish passage. The project will include a roughened channel constructed in the culvert to provide a stream bottom that facilitate fish use.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (707) 725-1064
- 40°34'42.6"N 124°7'47.3"W
- Other Location Info
- At the Rohnerville Road crossing of Jameson Creek within the City of Fortuna, Humboldt County, CA.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 33 California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15333
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 33 consists of small projects not to exceed five acres in size to assure the maintenance, restoration, enhancement, or protection of habitat for fish, plants, or wildlife.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020040037_1652-2020-035-001-Jameson_Culvert_NOE_FINAL PDF 262 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.