Yount Water Diversion, Pond and Stream Crossing Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0035-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Yount Water Diversion, Pond and Stream Crossing Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0035-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0035-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Mr. Warren Yount. The project is limited to 3 encroachments on unnamed tributaries to Basin Creek. One encroachment is for water diversion for domestic use. Work for the water diversion will include upgrade, use and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure. The other proposed encroachments are to upgrade failing and undersized culverts and a pond spillway. Work for these encroachments will include some or all of the following: vegetation removal and maintenance, excavation, culvert removal, culvert replacement, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2064
- 40°16'37.4"N 123°41'9.7"W
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within Basin Creek watershed, approximately 2.21 miles west southwest of the town of Blocksburg, County of Humboldt, State of California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Classes 1 and 4; California Code of Regulations, title 14, sections 15301 and 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will permit upgrading and remediation of existing but un-permitted water diversion and stream crossings to avoid and minimize impacts to fish and wildlife. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020040030_1600-2020-0035-R1_HUM_MJV Yount_Water Diversion Pond and Stream Crossings_NOE PDF 392 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.