Silver Creek LCT Restoration Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 6 - Inland Deserts, Ontario (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Inland Deserts Region 6 )
- Document Title
- Silver Creek LCT Restoration Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Document Description
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife will divert water above an upper weir in Silver Creek (4249978 N 278746 E Zone 11). Electrofishing will be conducted in the remaining water pockets in an effort to remove non-native fish from the stream and aid in restoration of existing Lahontan cutthroat trout habitat. No impact to the streambank, water quality, or riparian habitat will occur, as only a small section of stream will be temporarily diverted, and no sediment or pollutants will be introduced during the entirety of this project. This project will temporarily impact 300 square feet of upland and riparian habitat and will not result in permanent impacts to the stream channel of Silver Creek.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
787 North Main St., Suite C- 220
Bishop, CA 93514
Phone : (951) 852-6386
- Other Location Info
- This project is located on Silver Creek in Mono County. Access to Silver Creek begins at the turn to the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center in Pickel Meadows on California State Route 108. The approximate location work will be conducted is at the upper weir in Silver Creek: UTMs 4249978 N 278746 E Zone 11.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- §15304, §15333
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 4, §15304, Minor Alterations to Land - the Project will result in minimal impacts to the condition of the land and will not result in removal of mature, healthy, scenic trees; however, it will result in the improvement of fish habitat. Class 33 §15333, Small Habitat Restoration Projects – the project area will not exceed five acres and will assure restoration, enhancement, and protection of Lahontan cutthroat trout and surrounding habitat with no significant adverse impact on listed species.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020031050_NOE Silver Creek Restoration Project PDF 241 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.