Big Creek and Second Garrotte Clearwell Rehabilitation (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Big Creek and Second Garrotte Clearwell Rehabilitation (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Groveland Community Services District
- Document Description
- The Project includes rehabilitation of two clearwells (namely, the Big Creek and Second Garrotte Clearwells) used by Groveland Community Services District. The clearwells hold a 2 million gallon capacity. These baffled, welded steel tanks are 125 feet in diameter, and 24 feet above ground. Rehabilitation work includes the removal of the existing epoxy coating and application of a new coating to the steel tank surfaces. A condition assessment of the interior will determine the number of structural members that need to be replaced. The work will require removal of the existing baffles in order to apply the coating thoroughly to each of the tank surfaces.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
1001 I Street, 16th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 449-5641
- Cross Streets
- Big Oak Flat Rd and Big Creek Shaft Rd
- Other Location Info
- Project is located at the Big Creek and Second Garrotte Pump Stations. The Big Creek Pump Station is located approximately one-half mile north of the intersection of Big Oak Flat Rd and Big Creek Shaft Rd. The Second Garrotte Pump Station is located approximately three miles downstream of the Big Creek Station in Groveland, California in Tuolumne County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project has been determined to meet the requirements of the exemption selected above and will not have a significant impact on water quality. The Project qualifies for exemption because it consists of the repair and maintenance of existing structures involving no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020030460_Big Creek NOE PDF 856 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.