Winters High School 12-Classroom Building, Physical Education/Music Building, and Portable Relocation Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Winters Joint Unified School District
- Document Title
- Winters High School 12-Classroom Building, Physical Education/Music Building, and Portable Relocation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Winters Joint Unified School District
- Document Description
- (1) The District will demolish the existing main classroom building, which holds 12 classroom spaces and an administration office, and demolish portables F1/F2 and ES, which hold three classroom spaces. The District will construct a new 12-Classroom Building, which will include a science classroom, an art classroom, a special education classroom, six standard classrooms, a teacher room, and restrooms. The District will also extend the fire lane. This work is scheduled from approximately May 2020 through July 2021. (2) The District will construction a new modular building to house a weight room, wrestling room, and music classroom, and will demolish the existing weight room building, which holds two classroom spaces. This work is scheduled from approximately June 2022 to August 2022. (3) The District will relocate the following portables: E1 will be relocated to the location previously occupied by portables F4, FS, and F6 on the West side of the campus to be used as a field house/athletic classroom; E2 and E3 will be relocated to an empty space adjacent to the student parking lot at Winters High School (there will be no loss of any parking spaces); and E4 will be relocated to Wolfskill Career Readiness Academy, located at 219 Edwards Street, Winters, CA 95694. This work is scheduled from approximately September 2021 to August 2022. Each component of the project includes ancillary site work and utilities. The net result will be to decrease the number of classroom spaces at Winters High School by three, and increase the number of classroom spaces at the Wolfskill Career Readiness Academy by one.
- Contact Information
Winters Joint Unified School District
909 West Grant Ave.
Winters, CA 95694
Phone : (530) 795-6100
- Other Location Info
- Winters High School, 101 Grant Avenue, Winters, CA 95694; and Wolfskill Career Readiness Academy, 219 Edwards Street, Winters, CA 95694
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15302, 15303, 15311, 15314
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1: Operation, repair, or minor alterations to existing public structures, facilities, or topographical features involving no or negligible expansion of use. Class 2: Replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced. Class 3: Construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures; installation of small new equipment and facilities in small structures; and the conversion of existing small structures from one use to another where only minor modifications are made in the exterior of the structure. Class 11: Construction, or placement of minor structures accessory to (appurtenant to) existing commercial, industrial, or institutional facilities. Class 14: Minor additions to existing schools within existing school grounds where the addition does not increase original student capacity by more than 25% or ten classrooms, whichever is less.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020030249_Winters High School 12-Classroom Building PDF 1031 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.