2017 Storm Damage - USAGE Public Law 84-99 Levee Rehabilitation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- 2017 Storm Damage - USAGE Public Law 84-99 Levee Rehabilitation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- Document Description
- The 2017 atmospheric river storms caused flooding which results in multiple levee performance problem sites, with erosion or stability issues. Levee failure could result in loss of life, property damage, environmental impacts, and threats to water supply reliability.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board Project
3310 El Camino Ave, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-0332
- San Joaquin Sutter Yolo
- Other Location Info
- The project consists of 8 flood damaged sites along various water ways in the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River basins.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Declared Emergency
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 21080(b)(3); 15269(a)
- Reasons for Exemption
- States of emergency were proclaimed to exist within 50 California counties by the Governor on March 7, 2017, due to atmospheric river storms that swept across California beginning in January 2017. This project will repair flood damaged levees in disaster-stricken areas caused the 2017 atmospheric river storms in which a state of emergency had been proclaimed.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020030182_2017 Storm Drainage - USACE Public Law 84-99 PDF 903 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.