Temporary Bridge over Cold Springs Creek (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0263- R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 - South Coast, San Diego (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5)
- Document Title
- Temporary Bridge over Cold Springs Creek (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0263- R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Santa Barbara County Public Works Transportation Divis
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0263-R5, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Santa Barbara County Public Works Transportation Division. The project is to place a temporary bridge structure that will clear span Cold Spring Creek to replace the previously existing low water crossing that was washed out by the 2018 debris flow event. Concrete pad type abutments will be placed on top of the roadway area at East Mountain Drive on both sides of Cold Spring Creek to secure the bridge. The bridge will be placed on top of the abutments by cranes from the roadway. All work will take place from the top of the banks and no work will take place in the stream channel. Equipment used to complete this work will include a concrete truck, cranes, generator, concrete and wood saws, and a dump truck.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (805) 498-2385
- Santa Barbara
- Other Location Info
- This project is located where East Mountain Drive crosses over Cold Spring Creek approximately 0.25 river mile upstream from Cold Spring Debris Basin in the un-incorporated community of Montecito, County of Santa Barbara, State of California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project meets the exemption under 15302 because it consists of the replacement of a previously existing structure where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020030156_1600-2019-0263-R5 NOE PDF 365 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.