MOOT Bridge and Box Culvert Maintenance (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0911-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- MOOT Bridge and Box Culvert Maintenance (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0911-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has-executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0911-R1. pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Howard Dashiell, representing Mendocino County Department of Transportation. The project seeks to improve flow capacity at four locations by removing accumulated sand and gravel at the crossings. Access will minimize disturbance to the bank and riparian vegetation, and the Permittee will monitor the sites to determine upstream and downstream effects of the action. The project will remove a total of approximately 350 cubic yards of material.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 964-7683
- Other Location Info
- The project affects four crossings of three creeks in the vicinity of Talmage, CA in low-gradient. valley-bottom locations within a mile of the Russian River. Two crossings of McClure Creek are on Sanford Ranch Road, a single crossing of Mill Creek is on Talmage Court, and a single crossing of Howell Creek is on Ruddick-Cunningham Road, in the County of Mendocino, State of California; Sections 34, 27, 22 Township 15N, Range 12W; Ml Diablo Base and Meridian. in the Elledge Peak and Ukiah, Calif. U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle .
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project removes accumulated sand and gravel from crossings to help reduce flooding potential. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. The project will not expand or change the use of the crossings.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020020461_1600-2019-0911-R1_MEN_MDOT Bridge Box Culvert Maintenance_NOE PDF 459 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.