Fresno-Kings Unit HQ Office Trailer Replacement 2020
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Fresno-Kings Unit HQ Office Trailer Replacement 2020
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project involves the replacement of an office with the installation of an approximately 2,100 square foot manufacture office building/trailer on an existing administrative site. The project is located at Fresno-Kings Unit Headquarters at 210 S. Academy Ave, Sanger, CA. This portable office will be replacing the current portable office which is an estimated 800 square feet. The approximately five (5) acre administrative site contains administrative buildings and support facilities. The project area is a previously disturbed mixture of native soil and gravel void of any native vegetation, as well as a pre-existing concrete pad. The pre-existing concrete pad will be removed and replaced with new concrete to better facilitate drainage away from the new portable office. The footprint of the concrete pad will be widened approximately 6 feet to facilitate a new ADA compliant ramp. Prior to laying new concrete, the ground will be leveled to insure the quality of the foundation. In addition to the new concrete pad, minimal ground disturbing activities will occur to facilitate sewer connections to the portable office building/trailer. The sewer line will require approximately 75' of trenching and will be roughly 24" deep and 18" wide. Trench spoil will be mounded adjacent to the trench and immediately backfilled/compacted. Utility connections will utilize the existing conduit in place from the office/trailer being replaced. All ground disturbing activities will occur within the perimeter of the existing administrative site. Installation activities are anticipated to take approximately 14 days to complete.
- Contact Information
Fresno-Kings Unit (CAL FIRE)
210 S Academy Ave.
Sanger, CA 93657
Phone : (559) 493-4300
- Cross Streets
- 210 South Academy, Sanger, CA 93657
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- §15302 Replacement or Reconstruction; Class 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- The site location has been reviewed by the CAL FIRE Registered Forester and Unit Environmental Scientist for environmental impacts and to confirm that no exceptions apply which would preclude the use of a Notice of Exemption for this project. The department has concluded that no significant environmental impact would occur to aesthetics, agriculture and forestland/timberland, air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, geology and soils, greenhouse gas emissions, hazards and hazardous materials, hydrology and water quality, land use planning, mineral resources, noise, population and housing, public services, recreation, transportation/traffic, or to utilities and service systems. Review of the proposed project has identified that Class 2 Categorical Exemption to CEQA is applicable to this project. The project proposes to add/install a small, temporary, accessory office structure to an existing administrative facility. Installation of the structure will not result in a significant increase in personnel and/or traffic on an existing administrative site. No significant environmental impact is anticipated from this project.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020020394_Fresno-Kings Unit HQ PDF 885 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.