GEOTECHNICAL EVALUATION – KLAMATH DAM REMOVAL PROJECT (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0041-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Northern Region, Redding (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern Region 1)
- Document Title
- GEOTECHNICAL EVALUATION – KLAMATH DAM REMOVAL PROJECT (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0041-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0041-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Kiewit Infrastructure West Co. The project is limited to geotechnical evaluation for proposed future culvert installation. The Project will use a hollow stem auger drill rig, a 35G mini excavator, and a 220 full size excavator. Work will be conducted in the riparian zone, no material will be removed or filled within Scotch or Camp Creek. A large excavator will transfer the drill rig up and over the stream crossing, in order to avoid driving through stream crossing. A total of approximately 1,929 square feet (0.04 acre) of riparian vegetation will be temporarily impacted. A total of ten (10) Oregon ash (Fraxinus latifolia) and ten (10) shining willow (Salix lucida) 2-8-inch diameter will be removed.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2779
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Camp and Scotch Creeks, in the County of Siskiyou, State of California; Section 33, Township 48N, Range 05W, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) map Iron Gate Reservoir, Mt. Diablo base and meridian; Assessor’s Parcel Number 041-040-160-000
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Geotechnical evaluation and study to inform future project design. No Major disturbance to environmental resources.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020020369_1600-2020-0041-R1_SIS_Kiewit Cam and Scotch Creek Geotechnical Evaluation_15306_NOE PDF 176 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.