Coyote Creek Brush Removal Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0219-R2).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 - Northern Central, Rancho Cordova (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2)
- Document Title
- Coyote Creek Brush Removal Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0219-R2).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Hidden Valley Lake Association
- Document Description
- The project is limited to the removal of berry bushes and small shrubs within the creek channel and drainage tributaries to ensure proper conveyance of storm water through the Hidden Valley Lake residential subdivision. The creek has become overgrown with brush, causing localized flooding and excess sediment build up at existing culverts. Project activities are restricted to the channel and bank only. No heavy equipment will be used. Follow-up herbicide application on berry bushes along the bank may be implemented to control the excess vegetation. All activities will occur in dry conditions.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 247-0678
- Other Location Info
- The project is located in Coyote Creek and adjacent unnamed tributaries within the Hidden Valley Lake residential subdivision; in the County of Lake, State of California; Sections 26 & 33, Township 11 N, Range 7W, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) map Whispering Pines & Middletown, Mt. Diablo Base and Meridian.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves removal of overgrown vegetation from an existing water conveyance/storm water drainage system and will not affect any special status fish or wildlife or their habitat.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020020339_Coyote Creek Brush Removal Project PDF 328 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.