Old La Honda Road Bridge Replacement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019- 0388-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- Old La Honda Road Bridge Replacement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019- 0388-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Town of Woodside Public Works Department
- Document Description
- The project is limited to rehabilitation of an existing bridge structure and installation of a new culvert under the existing bridge. The existing bridge will be functionally replaced by a culvert. The culvert design consists of installing a single 84-inch diameter pre-cast reinforced concrete pipe culvert under the existing bridge and encasing the pipe with lean concrete from the outside edge of the exterior girders to the bottom of the existing reinforced concrete T-beam bridge deck. The headwalls at each end of the pipe will be supported by reinforced concrete footings and cast-in-drilled-hole (CIDH) piles. Maximum depth of piles is estimated to be 50 feet. Rock slope protection will be installed at the outlet of the pipe culvert to prevent erosion at the downstream face. The pipe will be partially filled with natural substrate and concrete retainers at each end of the culvert will be used to contain the natural substrate. Up to eight (8) trees may need to be removed to allow for equipment and materials access, including two mature redwood trees (36 and 24 inches dbh), two smaller redwood trees (less than 24 inches dbh), and four California bay trees (less than 24 dbh). Three (3) additional trees may need to be trimmed. Following completion of the culvert installation, trees with dbh of four (4) inches or greater that were removed will be replaced.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (707) 210-5104
- San Mateo
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at an unnamed ephemeral stream, tributary to Dennis Martin Creek, Old La Honda Road, Woodside, in the County of San Mateo, State of California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15303
- Reasons for Exemption
- Type - Class 1; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301 ; Existing Facilities and Class 3; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15303; New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures. Project consists of restoration or rehabilitation of an existing bridge and installation of a culvert under the existing bridge.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020020178_Old La Honda Road Bridge PDF 370 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.