Daryl Drive Culvert Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019- 0271-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- Daryl Drive Culvert Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019- 0271-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0271-R3, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Larry Theis/City of Orinda, Public Works Department. The project is limited to installation of two (2) 36-inch high density polyethylene (HOPE) culverts, one on either side of the existing 8-foot by 3-foot box culvert under Daryl Drive, including earthwork up and downstream of the project area to install wingwalls and energy dissipation and/or rock slope protection at the inflow and outfalls of the culverts. The total length of impact will occur over 105 linear feet of the drainage. The project will remove 55 cubic yards of sediment from the existing culvert and downstream of the existing culvert.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (209) 234-3449
- 37°52'23.4"N 122°9'40.6"W
- Contra Costa
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at an unnamed drainage flowing north to south to Daryl Drive, tributary to San Pablo Creek, in the County of Contra Costa, State of California. Between residences located at 9 and 10 Daryl Drive and 265 and 273 Glorietta Boulevard, Orinda, CA, 94563.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Class 1 and Class 4; California Code of Regulations, title 14, sections 15301 and 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt because it consists of the operation, maintenance, and minor alteration of an existing public facility, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. The improvements will meet existing flow conditions for flows that occur in the drainage during high volume flow events. It also consists of a minor public alteration in the condition of the drainage ditch due to expansion of the structure (wingwalls and in-channel rip rap).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020020176_Daryl Drive Culvert PDF 373 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.