Conveyance of Central Valley Project Cross Valley Canal water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #19041)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Conveyance of Central Valley Project Cross Valley Canal water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #19041)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Under the proposed project, the Department of Water Resources of the State of California (DWR) will convey up to 10,000 acre-feet of 2019-2020 Central Valley Project (CVP) Cross Valley Canal water (Non-Project Water) to KCWA, on behalf of Wheeler Ridge-Maricopa Water Storage District (WRMWSD). This Non-Project Water, acquired from two CVP contractors, Pixley Irrigation District (Pixley ID) and Lower Tule River Irrigation District (Lower Tule River), will be made available by the United States Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) to DWR at O'Neill Forebay for subsequent delivery by DWR to KCWA's service area by February 28, 2020.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Other Location Info
- From O'Neill Forebay to Kern County Water Agency's (KCWA) turnout(s) within Reaches 12E through 16A of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. The project is a water management operation using only existing facilities. b. The project will not support new development or a change in land use. c. The project does not establish a new permanent source of water supply.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020020175_Conveyance of CV Project PDF 795 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.