Carrizo Windmill and Black and Yellow Tanks Wildlife Water Projects
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- Carrizo Windmill and Black and Yellow Tanks Wildlife Water Projects
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Document Description
- At two locations the project entails replacing an existing 2-gallon, concrete, broken, enclosed wildlife drinker with a new 120-gallon poly (plastic) wildlife drinker. The existing four-foot square enclosure would be opened, and the old drinker would be removed. The water line from the existing water tank would be excavated and replaced. A hole would be dug for the new drinker at the site of the old drinker. Work at the third location, the Carrizo Canyon Windmill site, entails installing a wildlife friendly, 12-foot long, concrete trough next to an existing windmill, cattle trough, and 5000-gallon poly water storage tank. An approximately 50-foot square, barbed wire cattle exclusion fence would be constructed. The fence is designed to allow wildlife access. The wildlife trough would be plumbed into the existing water tank, trenched into the soil approximately 16" deep, and include a float valve assembly and protective metal cover.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
1234 East Shaw Ave.
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (805) 594-6152
- San Luis Obispo
- Other Location Info
- The locations are in San Luis Obispo County, within the Taylor Canyon watershed, approximately four miles and 5.4 miles, respectively, north of State Route 166 in the Cuyama Valley. NW¼ of the NW¼ of Section 27, T32S, R19E, MDBM, and the NE¼ of the SW¼ of Section 15, T32 S, R19E, MDBM.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This wildlife water project is a wildlife habitat enhancement project that will disturb small areas. The project size is less than the five-acre maximum size for Categorical Exemption Class 33. The work areas were surveyed for biological and cultural resources. No cultural resources were found. No special status plant or wildlife species were found. The sites are at existing cattle trough locations, which have been previously disturbed. None of the exceptions in California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15300.2 apply to this project. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020020049_Carrizo Windmill and Black and Yellow Tanks Wildlife Water Projects NOE PDF 392 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.