California Aqueduct (CAAQ) Check Structure Radial Gate 1 -8 Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct (CAAQ) Check Structure Radial Gate 1 -8 Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the project is to install new steel radial gates to replace all existing radial gates at CAAQ Check Structures 1 - 8. A total of 32 existing gates will be removed, disposed of in an approved site, and replaced with 32 new gates over the course of approximately 7 years. All work will be within DWR's existing right of way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
Division of Operations and Maintenance) 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9342
- Alameda San Joaquin Stanislaus
- Other Location Info
- The project stretches from Check 1, south of Bethany Reservoir, to Check 8, which lies 3 miles west of Crows Landing. The project is along approximately 45 miles of the California Aqueduct - State Water Project.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 2 Replacement or Reconstruction, Section No. 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is exempt because it involves replacement of an existing State Water Project structure where the new structure will be located on the same site with the same purpose without disturbance to an environmental resource. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020010427_CA Aqueduct Gate 1-8 PDF 724 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.