Request for a Letter of Non-Objection to Enter State School Lands to Conduct Seismometer Surveys
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- California State Lands Commission
- Document Title
- Request for a Letter of Non-Objection to Enter State School Lands to Conduct Seismometer Surveys
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- UC Riverside, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Present Land Use
- State school lands
- Document Description
- Authorize approval to enter State school lands to temporarily install seismometer equipment for conducting seismic studies in the Cima volcanic region of the Mojave Desert.
- Contact Information
California State Lands Commission
100 Howe Ave. Suite 100 South
Sacramento, CA 95825
Phone : (916) 574-1911
- San Bernardino
- Southern California
- Other Location Info
- Several State school lands parcels located in San Bernardino County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- CLASS 6, INFORMATION COLLECTION (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 2, § 2905, subd. (e)(3) and (5)))
- Reasons for Exemption
- Issuance of a letter of non-objection for the above-mentioned activity will cause only a minor physical change in the environment and will not change existing activities in the area. There are no unusual circumstances surrounding the project that will result in significant environmental impacts. Therefore, the project will not have a significant effect on the environment and the above categorical exemption applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- Porter seismometer study_I1553_signed and filed PDF 68 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.