San Diego River Healthy Headwaters: US Forest Service Cleveland National Forest - Invasive Weed Treatment, Impacted Site Management and Restoration, and...
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Resource Conservation District, Greater San Diego (Resource Conservation District of Greater San Diego)
- Document Title
- San Diego River Healthy Headwaters: US Forest Service Cleveland National Forest - Invasive Weed Treatment, Impacted Site Management and Restoration, and...
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- US Forest Service Cleveland National Forest (USFS)
- Document Description
- The purpose of the project is to enhance and protect the El Capitan Reservoir through targeted removal of invasive species. Invasive aquatic species (primarily green sunfish) will be removed to improve native habitat for native aquatic species.
- Contact Information
Resource Conservation District of Greater San Diego County
11769 Waterhill Rd
Lakeside, CA 92040
Phone : (619) 562-0096
- San Diego
- Other Location Info
- The El Capitan Reservoir catchment, or the Upper San Diego River Watershed, is in the eastern central portion of San Diego County, bounded by the communities of Ramona and Lakeside to the west, Julian and Santa Ysabel to the north, and Descanso and Alpine to the south. Invasive aquatic species removal will occur within the San Diego River stream system above El Capitan Reservoir on US Forest Service lands.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15333 - Small Habitat Restoration Project
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project falls within the definition of CEQA Title 14, Chapter 3,, Article 19 Section 15333. The USFS does not have the authority to sign a state document. There will be no ground disturbance and ultimately benefits to the natural habitat. A NEPA document (Categorical Exclusion (CE)/Decision Memo (OM)) was prepared for this action; no controversy exists, and no public objections were made. The project is anticipated to last five years (2017-2022).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020010251_Proj84_11_80049_NoticeOfExemption1Filed_USFS_011720 PDF 3286 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.