Friant-Kern Canal Phase 3 Geotechnical Investigations (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0173-R4)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- Friant-Kern Canal Phase 3 Geotechnical Investigations (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0173-R4)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Friant Water Authority
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0173-R4, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the applicant, Friant Water Authority. The Project involves activities related to geotechnical borings at two locations, to investigate the feasibility of upgrading the Friant-Kern Canal to counteract the effects of continuing subsidence.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Central Region
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014 ext. 233
- 35°58'40.3"N 119°6'23.2"W
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located in Tulare County at two locations: 1) Deer Creek over the Friant-Kern Canal. 2) Approximately 220 feet east of the crossing of the White River over the Friant-Kern Canal, in the NW¼ of Section 15, Township 24S, Range 26E, 7.5 Minute Quad Delano East, MDB&M; Latitude 35.843587°, Longitude -119.160797°; Assessor's Parcel Numbers 338-160-006 and 338-160-007.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Class 6; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project includes data collection activities to evaluate and develop future projects to upgrade the Friant-Kern Canal. No significant impacts will result if the Project is completed under the protective features included in Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0173-R4.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020010161_2019-0173 NOE PDF 491 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.