Log Cabin and Our House Diversion Dams Sediment Removal Project (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2017-047-02-A1 (ITP)).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Yuba County
- Document Title
- Log Cabin and Our House Diversion Dams Sediment Removal Project (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2017-047-02-A1 (ITP)).
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The Project includes sediment management at both Log Cabin and Our House Diversion Dams which includes three components: 1) passage of sediment; 2) planned mechanical removal of sediment; 3) planned disposal sites; and 4) restoration sites. The Project is expected to result in incidental take of foothill yellow-legged frogs (Rana boylii) which are designated as a threatened species within the Project area under the California Endangered Species Act. The ITP referenced above as issued by CDFW authorizes incidental take of species listed under CESA that may occur as a result of Project implementation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife North Central Region
1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-4359
- Other Location Info
- The Log Cabin and Our House Diversion Dams Sediment Management Project (Project) is located at four separate locations. The Log Cabin Diversion Dam is located on National Forest Service Land within the Tahoe National Forest, located on Oregon Creek, 4.3 miles upstream of the confluence with the Middle Yuba River; Latitude 39.44402, Longitude -121.0589. Access to Log Cabin Diversion is off of State Route 49. The Our House Diversion Dam is located on the Middle Yuba River, 12.6 miles upstream of its confluence with the North Yuba River; Latitude 39.4115, Longitude -120.9974. Access to Our House Diversion Dam is from State Route 49 via Ridge Road, approximately 2 miles south of the intersection of State Route 49 and Marysville Road. Disposal Site 2 (A and B) is located on privately owned property, approximately 4.7 miles from Log Cabin Diversion Dam and 6 miles from Our House Diversion Dam and is not within the FERC Project Boundary. There are 2 sub-areas at Disposal Site 2. Disposal Site 2A is located at Latitude 39.4213, Longitude -121.0667; while Disposal Site 2B is located at Latitude 39.42696, Longitude -121.0663. The Celestial Valley Restoration site is located approximately 2.7 miles from Log Cabin Diversion Dam and 5.8 miles from Our House Diversion Dam at Latitude 39.41658, Longitude -121.06697.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The Mitigated Negative Declaration prepared by the lead agency for the Project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the lead agency. CDFW’s administrative record of proceedings related to the incidental take permit is available to the public for review at CDFW’s regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2019129049_Title Log Cabin and Our House Diversion Dams PDF 364 K CEQA_Findings_2081-2017-047-Amendment_a1_9-21 PDF 260 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.