Arroyo Pasajero Westside Detention Basin Railroad Trestle Vegetation Removal
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Arroyo Pasajero Westside Detention Basin Railroad Trestle Vegetation Removal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Water Resources
- Document Description
- Vegetation and debris will be removed from the pond that is north and south of the railroad trestle in the Westside Detention Basin, this vegetation is between the trestle and the Aqueduct. The pond is currently dry. All vegetation will be removed, except trees measuring 4-inch diameter at breast height (DBH) or greater. Trees measuring 4 DBH or greater that are along the pond boundary have been tied with red flagging; these flagged trees will not be cut. Additionally, no trees north of the dirt road or south of the southern end of the pond will be removed. Approximately 150 cubic' yards of soil will be excavated from under the railroad trestle to facilitate conveyance of water; the excavated soil will be added to the existing dirt roads or embankments. Debris will be disposed of at an appropriate off-site location. State Water Project users will benefit.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
31770 Gonzaga Rd
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- Approximately 0.13 miles west of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) Check 19 and 2 miles east of the City of Huron.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Work will occur in a dry pond located under the existing railroad trestle in the DWR right-of-way; the work will facilitate water conveyance under the trestle, but no increase in capacity or expansion of the railroad trestle or pond will occur. Categorical exemption 15301 (Existing Facilities) applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120681_SignedWSDBRailroadTrestle_NOE PDF 112 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.