Vonah for Community of Shively Bridge Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0069-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Vonah for Community of Shively Bridge Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2019-0069-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Document Description
- The project is limited to one encroachment associated with a seasonal temporary bridge on the Eel River for the Community of Shively to cross the mainstem Eel River during low-flow periods. The bridge to be installed is a flatcar bridge using up to 400 cubic yards of native gravel from the Eel River to construct the approaches. Gravel shall be removed from the river after the bridge is pulled for use on roads or other uses to the maximum extent practicable.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5671
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Eel River, at the town of Shively, County of Humboldt, State of California. The project is located in Section 29, T1 N, R2E Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Redcrest U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Latitude 40.4458250, Longitude -123.9838361 .
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Activities will be conducted in a manner to protect water quality and free flowing conditions in the Eel River. No mature or scenic trees will be removed. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to §15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120537_1600-2019-0069-HUM_R1_Vonah Community of Shively bridge_NOE PDF 535 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.