American River Watershed Common Features 2016 Project (Soil Investigations)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- American River Watershed Common Features 2016 Project (Soil Investigations)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB)
- Document Description
- USACE proposes to conduct soil sampling to support future erosion work on the American River. Approximately 1 O locations would be sampled with a truck mounted direct push drilling tool. Continuous sampling would occur at each location in 4-foot sections between O feet and 16.5 feet below ground surface. Equipment would be washed using a non-phosphate soap and distilled water. Excavated soils and wash water would be stored in 55-gallon drums that would be sealed and stored onsite. Borings would be back filled with cement/bentonite grout. Work could occur as early as late December and would last several weeks.
- Contact Information
CV Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-0251
- Other Location Info
- Samples would be collected from the right bank of the American River (east side) near the H Street Bridge, generally between the Howe Ave Bridge and Paradise Bend.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of soil investigations that would not result in a major disturbance to the environment. No woody vegetation would be removed. The project would not impact water quality or impact state or federally listed species. Recreational paths would remain open. Soil sample locations would be backfilled upon completion and the sites would be restored to pre-project conditions. No mitigation would be required.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120421_American River Watershed Common PDF 745 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.