Manila State Route 255 Shared Use Path Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 - North Coast, Santa Rosa (California Regional Water Quality Control Board, North Coast Region 1)
- Document Title
- Manila State Route 255 Shared Use Path Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Project is intended to provide non-motorized transportation and recreational access in Manila via a Class I bike path (shared use path). SR 255 has no developed facilities for bicycles or pedestrians and the drainage ditches on both sides of the highway force non-motorized users to travel on the highway shoulder. The project would link critical activity centers within the community, including schools and residential areas. The project would provide a shared use path along the west side of SR 255 beginning near the Dean Street/Pacific Avenue intersection (Post Mile 3.64) and terminating approximately 250 feet north of the Carlson Avenue intersection (Post Mile 4.24). The path would provide a non-motorized alternative to SR 255, link neighborhoods and enhance access for users. The path would be designed as a paved, 10-foot-wide surface with two, two-foot wide shoulders, situated at least five feet from the edge of a standard eight-foot wide shoulder along SR 255. The path alignment would maximize separation from vehicular traffic to provide for the best user experience, and to accommodate highway operations and maintenance activities. Crosswalks would be provided at the Lupin Avenue and Carlson Avenue path-road crossings. The path's edge of shoulder will be at least 30 feet from the edge of traveled way along SR 255 except for near the three intersections and crosswalks.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, North Coast
5550 Skylane Boulevard
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2377
- Cross Streets
- Manila State Route 255
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, Class 1 Existing Facilities (c) and (d).
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities (c) and (d).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120202 Manila State Route 255 PDF 818 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.