South Bay Aqueduct (SBA) Erosion Sites OM-DFD-2019-023
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- South Bay Aqueduct (SBA) Erosion Sites OM-DFD-2019-023
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR staff will repair erosion damage along the SBA Staff will use a backhoe to remove loose soil in the erosion. Clean fill will be placed in soil lifts for compaction with a sheepsfoot roller attachment until the original slope is attained. A water truck will be used for dust mitigation and to wet soil to be compacted at erosion sites. Aggregate base (AB) will be re-applied to areas that previously had AB. Staff will use plastic sheeting and straw wattles at stockpile locations for runoff protection. Equipment will be staged along existing roadways, Dyer Reservoir and Patterson Yard. All work is within DWR right of way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
Division of Operations and Maintenance 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9342
- Cross Streets
- Altamont Pass Rd, 1-580, Greenville Rd, Tesla Rd, Mines Rd.
- Other Location Info
- SBA Mile Markers 3.34, 3.64, 8.35 to 8.36, 13.37, 16.33.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Existing Facilities, Section No. 15301 (b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State Water Project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt because it involves routine maintenance activities. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat. Because this activity can be implemented without any significant environmental impacts, the Categorical Exemption Class 1 will be used for CEQA compliance.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120153_Southbay Aquaduct PDF 722 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.