Westlands Water District California Aqueduct MP 123.89R Turnout Modifications
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Westlands Water District California Aqueduct MP 123.89R Turnout Modifications
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Westlands Water District (WWD) requested permission to encroach on DWR's right-of-way (ROW) to modify the existing turnout at MP 123.89R. The work includes demolishing the existing infrastructure, filling the pipe that now l.ies under the Aqueduct road with concrete, and removing all pumps and pipes from the Aqueduct liners and in the ROW. A 222-foot-long by 4-foot-wide by 5-foot-deep trench will be excavated from the retaining wall structure at MP 123.89R, trenching south through ·the ROW; the excavation will go through the Aqueduct road and embankment. An estimated 325 cubic yards of soil will be excavated. The Aqueduct road will be excavated by first saw-cutting the existing asphalt and trenching to the 5-foot depth. Once, the trench is cut, a 24-inch conveyance steel pipe will be installed, and the trench will be backfilled and compacted; the asphalt will be replaced with hot mix asphaltic concrete. All compaction will be performed and tested to meet specifications; a vacuum truck will be used to properly locate MCI cables. See NOE for details.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources San Luis Field Division
31770 Gonzago Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- The work site is on the right side (R) of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) at MP 123.89, approximately 1.42 miles northwest of the intersection of South Derrick Avenue and the Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15305(b) Minor Alterations in Land Use Limitations
- Reasons for Exemption
- WWD will encroach on DWR's ROW to modify an existing turnout. Work will occur in areas with an average slope of 20 percent or less, there will be no changes to land use density. DWR, as a Responsible Agency, will issue an encroachment permit to WWD for this work, Categorical Exemption 15305(b) (Minor Alteration in Land Use Limitation Issuance of Minor Encroachment Permits) applies. WWD is responsible for any other CEQA documentation needed.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120115_Westlands Water District PDF 122 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.