East Side Canal - Embankment Maintenance and Rehabilitation Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0165-R4)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- East Side Canal - Embankment Maintenance and Rehabilitation Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0165-R4)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- The East Side Canal and Irrigation Company
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0165-R4, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the applicant, East Side Canal and Irrigation Company. The Project includes activities related to the removal of accumulated sediment along an approximately 1,000-foot section of the eastern bank of the East Side Canal (stream). The Project will also include the construction of an armored embankment along the section of stream to resist erosion when overtopped by floodwater and to restore vehicular passage along this section of the canal.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Central Region
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-8150
- 37°13'15.15"N 120°41'53.41"W
- Other Location Info
- The Project will occur along the eastern side of a 1,000 foot section of the East Side Canal (Stream), approximately 0.5 miles south of the Greenhouse Road crossing of East Side Canal and approximately 10 miles southeast of State Route 165 and is accessible via private roads, Merced County, California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type- Class 1; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes activities related to the maintenance of an existing facility without resulting in an expansion of use. No significant environmental impacts will result if the Project is completed under the protective features included in Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0165-R4.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120101_East Side Canal PDF 486 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.