Install High Friction Surface Treatment
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans, District 4 - Bay Area/Oakland (California Department of Transportation, District 4)
- Document Title
- Install High Friction Surface Treatment
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Document Description
- Caltrans proposes to install high friction surface treatment (HFST) on State Route 24 and on Interstates 80, 880, and 680. The purpose is to reduce the occurrence of wet pavement-related accidents at the project locations. The need is that the concentrations of accidents related to wet weather conditions have been identified within the project limits. The beneficiaries are the traveling public.
- Oakland Orinda Walnut Creek
- Alameda Contra Costa
- Other Location Info
- In Alameda, postmile 3.2-3.4 on eastbound 1-80 and postmile R32.5-R32.7 on southbound 1-880. In Contra Costa, postmile 16.15-16.5 on northbound 1-680, postmile R2.0-2.4 on eastbound SR-24, and postmile R2.25-R2.4 on westbound SR-24.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing highways and streets, sidewalks, gutters, bicycle and pedestrian trails, and similar facilities (this includes road grading for the purpose of public safety).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120098_Install High Friction PDF 296 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.