Inyo National Forest Whitney Portal Pond Dredging Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 6 (Lahontan), South Lake Tahoe (Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 6 (Lahontan))
- Document Title
- Inyo National Forest Whitney Portal Pond Dredging Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the Project is to dredge a pond that has filled with sediment over decades to improve habitat and recreational experience. The pond is approximately 100 by 100 feet and shallow (zero to one foot deep). Approximately 400 cubic yards of material will be removed creating a finished pond depth of approximately 4 feet. Lone Pine Creek passes through the pond and will be diverted with an existing concrete diversion structure and rock lined by-pass channel during excavation. The pond will be drained and dry prior to sediment removal.
- Contact Information
Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board
2501 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Phone : (530) 542-5426
- 15 miles west of Lone Pine
- Other Location Info
- Inyo National Forest, Whitney Portal Day Use Picnic Area, On Whitney Portal Road 15 miles west of Lone Pine.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The RWQCB, Lahontan Region finds that this project, as permitted, will not have a significant effect on the environment and is exempt from the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to Section 15333, Small Habitat Restoration Projects. The project is limited to dredging a man-made pond to its original size and depth.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019120028 Whitney Portal Pond Dredging 401 NoE PDF 349 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.